MODEL V.1.


I used the last two axonometric sketches and amalgamated them in Unreal Editor to form my first lab space. This will be Cousteau’s as it represents the connection needed between humans and each other and the environment. The two blocks are like a ‘ying-yang’ however they do not ever touch other; it is the internal ramp which runs like a ribbon connecting the two blocks. To reinforce the idea of ‘connection’ on the middle floor the two blocks ‘interlock’ with each other, allowing an interactive connection between the two spaces. Cousteau’s scientists, whilst working inside separate labs, will still have the opportunity to hear and see other, thus providing opportunity to work cooperatively.






I used these two axonometric sketches to create my draft space for Cousteau, which can be seen below.




I used this perspective to show the overall form of the building. I intend for it to be seen from the other side but I have not yet built into the wall. I also will need to add in lights.




This is inside the lab on the middle floor. The ramp leads down to the bottom floor and then back up into the other lab which you can see on the right of this shot.