RESEARCH


I am interested in the analogy of the cave, the way it starts off as a dark space and light needs to be added, rather than outside where shadows are created. I think this way it allows for the most amount of manipulation, evident in the pictures on the slide; shadows were cast by blocking the light to create forms of animals. I have not yet created my internal space and this provides good inspiration for that.









The idea of Nobel ‘habitating’ a space lead to investigating cave homes. The most interesting examples of cave homes I found were ones in Turkey, where the primitive caves look almost inviting! I will manipulate the light inside the lab in a similar way to that explained in the slide and cave homes of Turkey.





Cave homes in Turkey

I will use this axonmetric sketch to create Nobel's cave lab: