P.1. SECTION SKETCHES

I began to explore the idea of spherical spaces, before coming to the idea below of a house-like structure being pierced into the side of the sphere. I was thinking about the Louvre in Paris, and its inverted glass pyramid; which then inspired me to try to link that famous art gallery with the one I was designing. It was Erwin Wurm's sculptural artwork "House Attack" which inspired the idea of an entire house being discarded.





Erwin Wurm. House Attack, 2006.
Outdoor sculpture at the Museum Moderner Kunst (MuMoK) in Vienna.



Below are some sections of stairs. I used existing stairs I liked from the lecture and practiced drawing sections of them. This was helpful for when it came to drawing my own stairs.





Below are my the 18 sketches of sections relating to the words I first picked. Later, due to the advice from my tutor I used different words because my initial words did not provide me with enough substance to create more interesting spaces. However, the models I ultimately used developed from these first drawings. This was a good exercise to practice my line work.