PARTI

 
Architecture begins with an idea. An idea being a specific mental structure by which we organise, understand, and give meaning to a building. A parti is this central idea or concept of the building. It is a derivative of a French verb for departure. In other words, a parti is the beginning.

Parti are derived from understandings that are non-architectural, often expressed by a diagram depicting the organisational floor plan and by implication, the sensual experience.

Diagrams can describe massing, spatial hierarchy, site relationship, core location, lighting conditions, entrance, interior circulation, public/private zoning, geometry, program, structure and enclosure.








 










































 It took me a long time to develop my parti, as I initially had many ideas I was trying to include. By conducting research into the house, the context and the architect I was able to finally simplify my concept and gain a clearer understanding of the house.